Blown fuse is one of the common household problems that you can face anytime, even on special occasions like your favorite football match. While the problem is quite annoying, but the answers to blowing fuse are curiosity arousing.
Fuse blows out due to the heat of an overloaded electrical circuit but there are some interesting facts about blow fuses, as it can save your house from burning down. Want to know why? Let’s check out!
Electricity enters your home at an average rate which according to electricians is called Voltage. To get the best result, electricity should flow from your house and back to the outside line without any kind of unusual high resistance. When you plug certain electronic devices into sockets then it normally creates certain amount of resistance. Every electrical device has its own requirement and it is different for each device.
Electricians want to protect the electrical wires form getting overheated, so they install safety device called as fuse in the box. Each fuse is designed to withstand a certain amount of electricity and the fuse melts when the wires get overheated and crosses the certain limit. When a fuse blows out, the wire usually breaks into two pieces and the power running is immediately cut off.
It is not every time that the fuse blows in one chance; a series of small temporary electrical overcharges can weaken the filament which can also blow out the fuse. There are certain fuses which can withstand a number of electrical overloads but some fuses blow out very quickly with only one snap.
If you face continuous blown out fuse problems then it is time to change the rating of your fuse itself. By increasing the fuse rating you can protect your appliances and avoid future problems.