CAT is one of the most coveted examinations in India. Thousands of aspirants appear for this exam, but why do people take CAT exam every year? Read to know.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India examination is conducted every year by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for their Post Graduation Programme (PGP) in the field of business management. The CAT 2016 exam is a significant pre-requisite for admission into more than a hundred renowned B-schools in India that include IIMs, Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Management Development Institute (MDI), etc. It is a tough exam to crack and every year thousands of students appear for it to prove their competence.
CAT is a computer-based test (online), which is conducted in several cities across the country. Generally, it has multiple-choice objective type questions in the paper. This year, CAT is slated to be conducted on December 4, 2016.
Based on CAT exam score, aspirants can get enrolled in the following courses provided by the 20 plus IIMs and other top management schools in India-
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP)
- Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management (PGP-FABM)
- Post Graduate in Business Management (PGPBM)
- Post Graduate Programme in UAE (PGP-UAE)
- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM)
- PGP for Working Executive (PGPWE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets (PGPSM)
- Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGPM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPEX)
- Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management (PGPABM)
CAT is a tough nut to crack, however, once cracked with a high percentile, top b-schools and high quality of education is ensured. There are other examinations conducted in India including XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, etc, which are equivalent to CAT for admission in Business Administration programmes.
(0) Readers Comments
Thanks alot im now more aware about it!
I prefer living on the ground and where it's not so dense and loud lik
It is a very good thing my brother did it and has continued to grow it
I've got these spacers in right now and they are very painful! One of
Hi Anupam, I'm 13 and I am really interested to learn how computers