When it comes to domestic animals, many people think that fleas or ticks are the only big issue. However, there is another huge concern associated with the pets, especially dogs. These are worms. Just like fleas, dog also get different types of worms. These can cause mild to severe infections in them. Therefore, if you want to prevent such infections, you have to know the basic reasons lying behind it.
- Worms are nothing but a special type of parasites that stay inside the intestines of dogs. They consider dogs as their hosts and get nourishment from their bodies. As the creatures live deep in the internal organs of dogs, it becomes hard for their owners to identify the presence of the worms until any sign becomes visible in the pets.
- If a dog eats something, which has been bitten by a worm-carrying parasite or is directly infected by worms, the chances are big that they will catch worms too. When the consumed item enters the digestive tract of the dog, the worms or the carrier parasite are transferred to the intestines of the pet and affect him.
- Puppies can also get worms while drinking milk of their mothers. The most common type of worm found in the bodies of puppies is ‘Ascaris’. It is basically a round worm that resides in the uterus of an adult female dog and gets transmitted to the body of the foetus during the pregnancy.
- Ascaris can also attack adult dogs if they feed on the bodies of deceased animals that had worm infestation during their lifetime.
- Exposure to soil full of worms can also cause infection in dogs.
Hence, you need to be very careful about your doggy while taking him outside. Always keep a close eye on him so that he does not eat worm-infested elements.
(0) Readers Comments
June 20, 2019
July 17, 2018
July 08, 2018
June 04, 2018
Thanks! It helped me a lot and The language skills are excellent.
My relatives always say that I am killing my time here at net, but I
There should be more articles and videos about this social issues, so
Thanks alot im now more aware about it!
I prefer living on the ground and where it's not so dense and loud lik